Limited options are available in the market for quality backgammon books. However, there are a few books that I can confidently recommend. For beginners and advanced players alike, I suggest “The Backgammon Book” by the renowned Oswald Jacoby and John R. Crawford, originally published in 1970. Although the book is no longer in print, it can be found in antique shops or purchased online. An alternative option is “The New York Times Book of Backgammon,” which covers similar content.
If you aspire to become a Grandmaster, I recommend Paul Lamfort’s books: “Improve Your Backgammon” and “100 Backgammon Puzzles”.
Check out the Top 10 books on Backgammon
- “Backgammon” by Paul Magriel – This is considered by many to be the bible of backgammon, covering everything from the basics to advanced strategies and techniques.
- “The Backgammon Book” by Oswald Jacoby and John R. Crawford – A classic book first published in 1970, it covers all aspects of the game, including strategy, tactics, and odds.
- “Backgammon for Serious Players” by Bill Robertie – This book is aimed at intermediate and advanced players, and covers advanced techniques and strategies for improving your game.
- “Advanced Backgammon” by Bill Robertie – A follow-up to “Backgammon for Serious Players”, this book delves even deeper into advanced strategies and concepts.
- “501 Essential Backgammon Problems” by Bill Robertie – This book provides 501 different backgammon problems, ranging from easy to difficult, to help players improve their skills and decision-making.
- “Modern Backgammon” by Bill Robertie – This book covers the latest trends and strategies in backgammon, including the use of computers and advanced analytical techniques.
- “Backgammon: From Basics to Badass” by Marc Brockmann – This book is aimed at beginners and covers the basics of the game, as well as strategies for improving your play.
- “Backgammon Boot Camp” by Walter Trice – This book provides a series of drills and exercises to help players improve their skills and build their understanding of the game.
- “Backgammon: Winning Strategies” by Robertie and Dwek – This book offers a variety of strategies and techniques for winning at backgammon, including advanced concepts such as the cube.
- “Starting Out in Backgammon” by Paul Lamford – A beginner-friendly book that covers the basics of backgammon and provides tips for improving your play.